Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Morning After...

After staying up way too late last night watching election results, I am leaving this morning for Detroit for Creating Change, the annual conference of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.

I'm giving a talk tomorrow morning that was to be titled "Why I Am An Ally for GLBT rights." The talk I ended up preparing is more aptly named, "Why I Am More Than An Ally". I will talk about how as a sexologist and a minister -- and as a person who believes to my core that our sexuality is one of God's most life fulfilling gifts to us -- that sexual justice, in its myriad meanings, is MY issue, not just an issue I lend my support to. I'm going to tape the talk, and we'll try to get it up next week on our web site.

The outcome from last night's primary is less clear than many predicted, but it is very clear that the outcome of next November's election will be pivotal for sexual justice - and the rights of all of us to exercise our moral agency to make responsible sexual choices.

No comments: