Friday, August 04, 2006

My Hundredth Blog Post



I was going to write this morning about the new report from the Guttmacher Institute that the decades long decine in the U.S. abortion rate was coming to an end and the moral imperative of assuring that all women have access to contraception, sexuality information and education, and abortion services.

But, when I opened my blog this morning, I saw that this is my 100th blog post! In the blogsphere, isn't that a cause for a celebration or a party?

I love writing my blog, except on those days where I can't think about what to write about. I love that it offers me a virtual pulpit to comment about what's going on in the world about sexuality and religion without needing to find a media outlet who might be interested. I love that more than 250 of you have become regular readers, and that the blog has generated speaking engagements, media requests, and even two donations to the Religious Institute on Sexual Morality, Justice, and Healing. I love hearing from readers about what they find useful --more importantly, hopeful.

So, on this blog milestone, may I offer you my prayers and wishes that in your own life you celebrate the connection between your sexuality and your spirituality with joy, holiness, and integrity.

Stay cool this summer weekend.

Rev. Debra

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I just found you this evening through Technorati. What wonderful sites you are affiliated with and what a marvelous woman you seem. I'm so happy to have stumbled upon you!

Congratulations and hundreds more.